The Adaptive Needs program at Troy University is committed to providing reasonable and appropriate accommodations to students with physical, emotional and learning disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
We encourage students with disabilities to reach out to the Adaptive Needs office, disclose their needs, and complete the application process. The student is responsible for providing the appropriate documentation from the treating physician, which is defined as follows:
- Clearly stated diagnosis
- A Copy of any assessments or evaluation instruments used.
- Current treatment and medication
Accommodations are based on diagnosis and need; some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Extended time to complete tests or in class writing assignments.
- Quiet testing areas
- Note taker
- Scribes or Testing reading
- Assistance in ordering adaptive equipment
- Permission to record lectures
Please visit us at 102 Eldridge Hall for more information or you can call us at 334-808-6185 or email us at Alison Hughes, coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Sewell, disability specialist email@example.com